After an inexcusable delay, I would like to thank Things I Hate…Some I Like for being so kind as to nominate my blog for The Liebster Award. Please check out this blog; it has a simple concept and is very entertaining to read.
I’d like to get into what the reasons are for such a long delay in responding to this award but I think I’ll save that for my next post. I have to start with some fresh content for 2014. 😛
The rules are:
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
- If you could be any historical figure who would you be?: Gods, that is a tough one. I’m a Roman history buff so I would probably pick Cincinnatus as he has “often been cited as an example of outstanding leadership, service to the greater good, civic virtue, lack of personal ambition and modesty.” He was given absolute power over the Roman state during an invasion and, once the invasion had been fought off, he handed back power to the Roman Senate rather than be corrupted by absolute authority.
- Who would play you in a movie?: I have been described as looking like a cross between Jeff Goldblum and Duckie from “Pretty in Pink” so I’ll go with the genetic combination of the two.
- Which do you prefer The Jetson’s or The Flintstone’s?: Neither, sorry.
- What’s your favourite book?: I can only pick one book?!? I’ll bend the rules here a bit and pick an anthology, The Chronicles of Amber by Roger Zelazny. If I must pick one book then I’ll go with the Trumps of Doom from this series (with my all-time favourite quote from the first line of the novel: “It is a pain in the ass waiting around for someone to try to kill you.”).
- What’s your favourite smell?: Fresh-baked bread or J’Adore perfume
- What’s the worst film you have ever seen?: I actually can’t remember the name of the movie but it was the only film I’ve ever walked out of before it finished. It was that bad. A close second is GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra
- What’s your second favourite animal?: The wombat because of the name as well as its noble countenance and stature.
- What was your best Halloween costume?: I once made a reasonable facsimile of full plate armour out of large cardboard sheets, string and duct tape as a Halloween costume in Grade 6 (when I was eleven years old). No, I’m not aware of any existing pictures of me in said costume.
- What’s your dream job?: My dream job would be some sort of travel writer position. My understanding is it’s very poorly paid work and I have a family to look after so it’s likely to remain a dream. However, my current job is pretty close to ideal as I get to do different things from coding to writing to drawing technical diagrams every day. There’s always variety and the work is never boring.
- What’s the best question you have ever been asked?: “What should we name our children?” (though this question is pretty good too.)
Blog Nominations (all entertaining, well-written blogs worth reading):
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever had? (Bonus follow-up question for the truly keen: where did you eat said meal?)
- If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever given and/or received?
- What ability or skill do you most wish you had (that you don’t have already)?
- What’s the biggest problem facing the world right now? (Bonus follow-up question for those so inclined: If you alone could solve it, how would you do it?)
- Aside from food, water, and shelter, what one thing could you not go a day without?
- In everyday life, what is your number one pet peeve?
- What’s your happy song? (eg. You can’t help smiling when you hear it)
- How do you want people to remember you when you’re gone?
- If you could spend a day with 1 person, living, or dead, who would it be and why?
Go to it! Visit those blogs and have some fun with this. 🙂